Both of our photographers this year are parents of varsity tracksters and so are not likely to be at many of the JV meets. If there are any JV parents who would like to take pictures at JV meets, we would LOVE to post them each week. Email Kim Turnage for details.
The turnout was awesome for our first Team Pasta Dinner of the season. Thanks go out to Gigi & Scott Rex, Pam Wheeler, Glory Philip, Yukari Crawford, Shin Wang, and Mandi Bauer, the parents who made the dinner such a great success! Our horde went through 8.5 pounds of pasta (that's just a little less than the weight of a girl's shotput)....plus crackers & cheese, salad, bread and cookies. WOW!
We have 3 more Team Dinners in homes (April 5, May 3, and May 10) and one at CiCi's Pizza (April 25) this year. If you would like to help host/organize any of those meals, please email Lori Schofield to coordinate details. We need a family to host the May 3rd dinner in their home, and we need one or two more co-hosts for all remaining dates.
Saturday's weather was a little less favorable for our varsity meet, the ThunderRidge Invitational, but our athletes rose to the occasion and had a great meet!
- Click here for official meet results.
- Click here for photos of the varsity meet -- more may be added later in the week, and we'll let you know when they're up. (For field events, hurdles and relay exchanges, we keep multiple shots of each athlete/attempt so athletes can see their jumps, throws, hurdles or handoffs in progression. Because of this you may see lots of shots of some athletes. Also, it's nearly imposiible to get to all the athletes and events in any one weekend, but by the end of the season, we should have plenty of pictures of everyone....so if we missed you this week, hang in there for next week.)
The hunt for state qualifying marks started this weekend. If you want to learn more about how state qualifying works in Colorado, click here. Minimum qualifying marks for 5A in 2012 are listed here. If your athlete participated in an individual event in the varsity meet this week, he or she has a new or updated profile on Colorado Track XC. Follow these instructions to find it:
- Click the link to go to Colorado Track XC
- On the top right of the page in the blue menu bar, find the box that says, "enter search term," enter your athlete's name, and click search.
- Find your athlete's name on the list that comes up, and click on it. This should take you to the individual's profile page.