Thanks to all the parents who attended our Track Parent Meeting last week. We appreciated your patience with our close quarters in the library...next year we'll have to find a bigger space! We covered a LOT of information in the meeting so if you missed anything (or just need a reminder on one or two things) please take a look through the following:
- Review our 2013 Team Handbook with your athlete.
- Pay special attention to nutrition tips, ideas for eating at meets, and tips for how to be a supportive parent for your track athlete.
- Please print out and sign the final page (Covenant) and have your athlete bring it to his or her coach at practice this week.
- Booster Fees are $60 and 100% helps us provide equipment, uniforms, assistant coaches' salaries, and other program needs. Click here to contribute online through PayPal (you can pay with a credit card if you don't have a PayPal account).
- Get your gear on! On that same link (go on....click over there) you can see all our Spirit Gear. Order and pay online, and we'll deliver items to your athlete at practice. Our first meet was cold, and the forecast for next week isn't much better. Those $20 sweatpants are thick and warm, and our kids look sharp while they stay warm in our new hooded sweatshirts ($35).
- Team Pasta Dinners: Our first team dinner was a great success! We have 3 more Team Dinners in homes (April 5, May 3, and May 10) and one at CiCi's Pizza (April 25) this year. If you would like to help host/organize any of those meals, please email Lori Schofield to coordinate details. We need a family to host the May 3rd dinner in their home, and we need one or two more co-hosts for all remaining dates.
- Last but not least, mark your calendar now for May 4, the Highlands Ranch Memorial Track Meet hosted by our team. This meet is our biggest team fundraiser, and coaches from other teams love coming because our volunteers run such a quality meet. This year our meet will be even bigger than it was last year, and we need your help to make it even better. Here's how you can help:
- Sign up to volunteer. No experience necessary. Click here to sign up for a volunteer slot or contact Lori Schofield with questions.
- Help fill our meet program with ads from people you do business with and/or pictures of your kids. Click here for details on how to sell/purchase ads and recognition ads or contact Gigi Rex with questions.
Parents, thank for all you do to support your athletes' participation in HRHS Track! Please let us know if you have questions or need additional information.